The Official Melissa Claire Egan Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
  Home    Help    Login    Register  
News : Melissa is currently playing 'Chelsea' on "The Young And The Restless"! December 22, 2014, 12:04:24 AM
+  The Official Melissa Claire Egan Message Board
|-+  MELISSA CLAIRE EGAN
| |-+  Messages from Melissa!
| | |-+  ***Announcement***
Advanced search
  « previous next »
Pages 1 2
Author
Sticky Topic Topic: ***Announcement***  (Read 19739 times)
« on: January 20, 2011, 04:59:13 PM »
MelissaClaireEgan
The Real Thing

My dear fans,

After 4 and a half incredible years as a member of the All My Children cast, I have made the extremely difficult decision to leave the Pine Valley family that I have come to love and respect so much.

It has been an amazing 4 and a half years for me!  I have had the privilege and honor of working with the most talented and fun cast, crew, producers and directors imaginable.  I have learned so much from them and am forever indebted.  To wake up each morning and love going to work is a true blessing for which I am unbelievably grateful!

But after much soul-searching, I feel that it is time to spread my wings and open myself up to new challenges and adventures.

And you, my beloved fans.....Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your support and encouragement over these past four plus years.  You have inspired me to give my all to the "complicated" character of Annie Novak McDermott Lavery Chandler Chandler (hehehe, it's always fun to say that Wink), and I hope to have lived up to your expectations.  You will always hold a special place in my heart, and I hope you will wish me well in my future endeavors!

With much love and gratitude,
Melissa

Reply #1
« on: January 20, 2011, 05:36:33 PM »
ap215

Much love to you boots good luck in the future.

Reply #2
« on: January 20, 2011, 07:46:09 PM »
darkshadow67

Hello Melissa,
   You can't be leaving, I love your character on AMC... Cry . The show will NOT be the same without you on it...

Reply #3
« on: January 20, 2011, 07:55:33 PM »
Tammy Kreiss

You won me over at the studio when I noticed you had bangs but your character was in jail. I kept the secret answer you told me and will never forget...Always a pleasure talking to you, and wish you well but ask that you please keep in touch with your fans that will totally miss you on AMC... Cry

Reply #4
« on: January 20, 2011, 08:00:19 PM »
pdiva74

I'm beyond sad but I do wish you the best!!!  Whoever is fortunate enough to cast you on their show will be the most blessed show out there!!!
Love Annie and love you Melissa.  Really hope they give you a deserving send off.  I'm really going to miss Jannie as well Undecided

Reply #5
« on: January 20, 2011, 08:27:20 PM »
missyfan318

Not gonna lie Missy, this hurts, I mean when you get caught into fictional characters it hurts. I was loving you and Jacob Young's JR Chandler, for once Annie had a soulmate and so did JR, you guys made it that way. I wish you well in your future success and all. IDK what's going on at ABC Daytime, it's lay offs left and right, I hope atleast they do Annie & JR justice in this storyline and not screw over thier fans.

Much love,
from one of your fans.

Reply #6
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:10:46 PM »
beard10

So sorry to see you go, Melissa. Your portrayal of Annie was excellent, you expertly added the depth that made Annie so complex. I wish you the very best in the future.  Wink

Reply #7
« on: January 21, 2011, 05:36:03 AM »
pdiva74

Not gonna lie Missy, this hurts, I mean when you get caught into fictional characters it hurts. I was loving you and Jacob Young's JR Chandler, for once Annie had a soulmate and so did JR, you guys made it that way. I wish you well in your future success and all. IDK what's going on at ABC Daytime, it's lay offs left and right, I hope atleast they do Annie & JR justice in this storyline and not screw over thier fans.

Much love,
from one of your fans.
I completely agree with this!!!

Reply #8
« on: January 21, 2011, 12:19:44 PM »
pvdreamer

Shocked Just read today your announcement to leave AMC. As sorry as I am to hear this, I know you have a brilliant future ahead of you, with many characters to explore!

You have been an amazing addition to the cast. It's hard to believe it's been over 4 years already! Annie was one of the better-written characters, IMO! I loved when Lucy Merriam was on the show, because you two had such chemistry together as mother and daughter! There have been so many memorable scenes with you, it's hard to count them all!

All the very best to you! You will breathe life into whatever part you play!  Kiss

Reply #9
« on: January 23, 2011, 10:01:34 AM »
Sazzy

Melissa I'm sorry to see you go. You are a great actress and All My Children will not be the same without you. I wish you all the luck in the world in whatever adventures you take on next. Good Luck Grin

Reply #10
« on: January 26, 2011, 10:12:31 AM »
annies wife

oh say it isnt so.. crazy bitch annie!! i will miss you, you beautiful disaster. melissa, i will be watching for you. would love to see you on law and order SVU! Shocked Kiss Wink Grin Grin Grin Grin

Reply #11
« on: January 30, 2011, 02:11:10 PM »
butterpecan6

Melissa, I hope your career continues with much success, but I do have a comment about the character of Annie.  I agree that the character is explosive, but I don't like the way they are writing the story sar far with JR.  JR chased Annie and destroyed her marriage to Scott and now he is acting like Annie is too crazy, that's absolutely uncalled for.  I don't know if you have a say so, but I think Annie needs to leave the canvass with her head held high.  Leaving completely and not looking back.  Rising above the craziness, leaving JR alone.  Let him stay with whomever he wants, but not leaving to a crazy instute.  Stop making Annie have no backbone, because that is not the case.  Good luck!

Reply #12
« on: February 02, 2011, 06:38:37 PM »
Phy Scott

I add my grief.  It feels much like a loss.  Much the same when they took "Edge of Night" off the air.  I hope to see you soon on other airwaves, Melissa!  You are a great actress.  Loved your scenes with JR and was pulling for this couple.  I wanted you to be the King and Queen of Pine Valley. Sigh.

Reply #13
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:06:26 PM »
Maegan E.

I am so sad to hear the news of you leaving. You play my favorite character on the show. I have watched for almost 10 years and will always be a dedicated fan to AMC as well as you, no matter where you end up.
Remember we would all love you to have guest apppearances or come back on the show!

Reply #14
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:30:56 PM »
momgram

Just had to add my sentiments on your leaving AMC - I have loved your character and you the actress since you appeared on my screen.  Last year when I thought they were going to let you go - I gave AMC my 2 cents - just won't be the same without you on the soap.  You have really had an extremely challenging character - many hate but many love you and wanted to see you finally find a man good enough to give you a wonderful life along with your daughter.  But it looks like this isn't going to happen for Annie fans - so sad.  I have really been hoping that you and JR would be the super couple of AMC as an earlier fan stated.  The two of you have had such complicated and unloved lives that you both deserved this love.  But alas....

Your fans will just hope that when you do your last show there will be an opening for you to come back one day if you wish to do that.

I wish you the very best in the future and pray you will get the chance to do all the wonderful things your heart desires.  Stay well and be happy. I'll miss you everyday when I watch AMC.  God Bless.

Print  Pages 1 2
« previous next »
Jump to: